Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
All colours and oils we use are certified in accordance with the EN 71 and CPSIA/ASTM 963 standards. They are therefore recommended for use on children’s toys and are harmless to the health of your child or baby. Any discoloration, for example due to intensive contact with saliva, is extremely rare and harmless and poses no health risk to babies, toddlers or adults.
Our colours are non-toxic, water-based stains and we oil our wood products with a mix of different natural oils with linseed oil as the main ingredient. This blend consists of linseed oil, olive oil, thistle oil, walnut oil and soybean oil.
An outstanding and unique characteristic of all our toys is the velvety surface which arises because we use colour glaze that penetrates into the wood, leaving a matte finish rather than a glossy one. The individual pieces are dipped by hand into the stain and we intentionally do not put a final protective coating on it to preserve the positive characteristics of the wood. Our way of making toys guarantees that they stack more easily with greater play possibilities. Children feel and experience the wood fibres and structure while playing.
- Our colours are non-toxic, water based stains that are absolutely harmless and tested in-depth for colour fastness in contact with saliva. This test uses a liquid comparable to standard human saliva. However, some people’s saliva do vary from the “standard”, so some colour may transfer under those conditions, but the stains are harmless.
- It may sporadically happen with new products that initially some excess colour pigments will get released which results in colour transfer. We recommend wiping the transferred surface with a wet, lint-free cloth to remove colour pigments.
- Also in the case of severe mechanical abrasion, in individual cases, the color pigments on the surface may come off. In addition, it should be avoided to treat the surfaces with a scouring cloth or a scrubbing brush.
Please know that you are holding a natural product in your hands which was enriched with loving care in manual work and colouring technique.
We oil our nature wood products with a mix of different nature oils. The stronger smell is typical for natural linseed oil which is completely harmless, and it will decrease over time.
Unfortunately, we can not prevent the smell from remaining in the wood despite sufficient airing before packaging. Especially through the packaging he is even more concentrated.
For care simply use soapy water with a damp cloth for cleaning. Dry immediately. When drying, please do not place on the heater, otherwise cracks may occur in the wood, but allow to dry normally at room temperature. Please do not submerge in water and do not use disinfectant, hot water or similar.
You are allergic or your child and ask yourself if our colours contain shares of corn, wheat, milk and/or egg? We can take that fear from you.
Hereby we confirm that our colours don’t contain any food products such as corn, wheat, milk, egg, hazelnuts etc.
Furthermore, our colours were tested according to the current valid German and European requirements, the fulfil these standards and reports are available according to
· Migration of Certain Elements (accord. to EN 71-3)
· Cadmium after digestion (accord. to SOP2.5L126) and ICP-OES (accord. to EN ISO 11885)
· Organic tin compounds DIN EN 73-3 in connection with SOP 2.5L145
· type and quantity of softening agent - phthalates (accord. to SAA/SOP2.5.L144)
· PAH (accord. to AfPS GS 2014:01)
· total content of lead acc. to the CPSIA 2008 (HR4040), Section 101 und 16 CFR part 1303 (accord. to CPSC-CH-E1003-09 2009-04)
· Migration of certain elements acc. ASTM F963-07e1 (see EN 71-3)
· Primary aromatic amines (accord. to EN71, part 9 to 11) – only for colour and pigment concentrates
· Flame retardants in textiles (DIN EN 71 part 9-11, RL 2014/79/EU, Regulation EU 757/2010 and 1907/2006) - testing of phosphates and ether - for test reports since 2017